Please write and send praise, critique, interesting links or random musings to touchthehandthatfeedsyou@yahoo.com

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Marty Peretz Update

Sept 13th, 2010


Well, Marty Peretz has issued an "apology" for publishing this remark about American Muslims recently: 


"So, yes, I wonder whether I need honor these people and pretend that they are worthy of the privileges of the First Amendment which I have in my gut the sense that they will abuse." 
Marty Peretz - Lowlife Racist Motherfucker


As of this afternoon, an update over the original post carries these words: "I have issued an apology for one sentence written below." The emphasis is mine. Not good enough, Marty. 


The entire original piece was dripping with loathsome turns of phrase. Not just one unfortunate sentence. 


The "apology" is worse than the offending article and I am not the only one who thinks the "apology" is bullshit. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment