Please write and send praise, critique, interesting links or random musings to touchthehandthatfeedsyou@yahoo.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Things We Can't Make Up

Sept 19th, 2012

The world sure is going to hell.

Lately, it seems like just about anything is possible provided, of course, that it's miserably ill-conceived and will lead to more misery. It was with this in mind that I avoided the morning presser with Jay Carney. I just couldn't do it. I needed a break from it all while I deal with more immediate crises such as the looming prospect of living in my car while thousands of people steal my music on the internet.

Upon my return to the computer, this was the first thing I saw...
Well. Okay then.

Along with most folks, I wondered if some new Onion/Politico nexus had formed.

Then it struck me. Not everyone would find this absurd. So devoted are the haters, the reactionaries and the outright loons that debate has probably already begun in earnest somewhere over when the attack will begin.

"Yeah, laugh now. You won't be laughing when the tanks roll through WaWa, Ontario and the bombs start falling on Dildo, Newfoundland."

Yes. There is a Dildo, Newfoundland.

Sleep tight and, as Abraham Lincoln so wisely warned, "don't believe everything you read on the internet."

No comments:

Post a Comment