Please write and send praise, critique, interesting links or random musings to touchthehandthatfeedsyou@yahoo.com

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Flashback...

July 26th, 2011

The GOP refusal to even repeat the word compromise (much less engage in it in recent memory) should not be a surprise. Thanks to Teagan Goddard over at Political Wire for this little reminder. BTW, this was the interview where Boehner started the waterworks over the "children" while planning to to do everything in his power to make sure the next generation of children has no teeth, can't read, thinks New Hampshire is the Capital of Kentucky, dinosaurs are Jesus-Lizards and that a living wage is some kind of Communist conspiracy to sap our fluids.

Psst... Republicans... that last sentence is called "political satire," (ie. humorous ideological hyperbolenot libel.

"J. BOEHNER: We have to govern. That's what we were elected to do.

STAHL: But governing means a -- compromising.

J. BOEHNER: It means working together. It means find...

STAHL: It also means compromising.

J. BOEHNER: It means finding common ground.

STAHL: OK, is that compromising?

J. BOEHNER: I made clear I am not going to compromise on -- on my principles, nor am I going to compromise...

STAHL: What are you saying?

J. BOEHNER: ... the will of the American people.

STAHL: And you're saying I want common ground, but I'm not going to compromise. I don't understand that. I really don't.

J. BOEHNER: When you say the -- when you say the word "compromise"...

STAHL: Yeah?

J. BOEHNER: ... a lot of Americans look up and go, "Uh-oh, they're going to sell me out." And so finding common ground I think makes more sense."


Thank you to the Simpsons for illustrating Rep. John Boehner's entire manipulative histrionic meltdown. 


And here you go...

No comments:

Post a Comment