Please write and send praise, critique, interesting links or random musings to touchthehandthatfeedsyou@yahoo.com

Thursday, May 19, 2011

That's Not What I Meant

May 19th, 2011

When I said, "four more years! Four more years!" I was not referring to this. From TPM:

"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) have agreed to a deal on a four-year extension of the Patriot Act, the Associated Press reports.

Officials in both parties told the AP that the deal between Reid and Boehner calls for a quick vote. Closure on the motion to proceed on the Patriot Act will take place at 5 p.m. on Monday, Reid said on the floor of the Senate late Thursday. "The idea is to pass the extension with as little debate as possible to avoid a protracted and familiar argument over the expanded power the law gives to the government," the AP reported."


I noted the Left's version of Obama Derangement Syndrome the other day which provoked an astonishing level of vitriol from some readers. If the progressive base needs a villain, I repeat my position from late last year that they should be hammering Reid instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment