Please write and send praise, critique, interesting links or random musings to touchthehandthatfeedsyou@yahoo.com

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Huntsman is Doomed

Aug 18th, 2011

I know it has annoyed my contemporaries lately that I have continued to insist that Jon Huntsman would make a decent President. No, I don't support his general prescriptions for what ails us. But, he is not certifiably insane or, worse, willing to deny empirical truth to get donations. In one little tweet today, he not only again proved me correct, he also effectively ended his campaign.
permalink

It's not the first time he has rendered himself unattractive to the hardcore GOP base. In May, he said this:

"This is an issue that ought to be answered by the scientific community; I’m not a meteorologist. All I know is 90 percent of the scientists say climate change is occurring. If 90 percent of the oncological community said something was causing cancer we’d listen to them. I respect science and the professionals behind the science so I tend to think it’s better left to the science community -- though we can debate what that means for the energy and transportation sectors."

Jon, you just can't go around anymore not talking crazy in that party.

No comments:

Post a Comment