Please write and send praise, critique, interesting links or random musings to touchthehandthatfeedsyou@yahoo.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Priorities and Politics Vs. Remembrance On 9/11

Sept, 21st, 2011
by F. Grey Parker


I am re-posting this very disturbing portion of my 9/11 round-up for a reason. That reason is outlined below the video. The video is not safe for work or children.



I am still going through reader correspondence from the last few weeks. My apologies. Some of the mail I am reading is actually quite startling. In particular, I have been taken aback by the sheer level of venom and vitriol directed at me regarding the choices I made while marking the 10th anniversary of 9/11. Apparently, a larger number of my readers than I am frankly comfortable with were disappointed that I didn't take that time to write some anti-militarist screed. More disturbing were the dozens who railed at me for not promoting outright "trutherism."

With all due respect, what the hell is wrong with you?

The legitimacy of these arguments and the veracity of conspiratorial claims were not on my mind that day. Nor should they have been. I have written, in excruciating detail, on these subjects. The only thing that mattered on that day was to remeber the human toll.

Period. End of story.

I am hoping that just one or two of the people who felt the need to condemn my "failure" to capitalize on such horror will watch this.

No comments:

Post a Comment