Please write and send praise, critique, interesting links or random musings to touchthehandthatfeedsyou@yahoo.com

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Meet Sally Kern

April 28th, 2011

Following the chorus of racist hate that greeted yesterday's POTUS presser, I really didn't think anything could make me more ashamed of the current American climate. I was wrong. This morning, DailyKos introduced me to Oklahoma state Rep. Sally Kern.



Here is a sampling of her views on minorities:

"We have a high percentage of blacks in prison, and that’s tragic, but are they in prison just because they are black or because they don’t want to study as hard in school? I’ve taught school, and I saw a lot of people of color who didn’t study hard because they said the government would take care of them."

What could top that? Well, how about this...

I

Perhaps we should all contact her and let her know what we think.

Capitol Address

2300 N. Lincoln Blvd, Rm.332
Oklahoma City, OK 73105

Capitol Phone: 405.557.7348

No comments:

Post a Comment