Please write and send praise, critique, interesting links or random musings to touchthehandthatfeedsyou@yahoo.com

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mubarak Statement - Live Blog

Jan 1st, 2011

3:15 Dylan Ratigan: "wildly disappointing." Jonah Goldberg via Twitter: "Mubarak losing the future."
On FOX, arguments that violence against protesters was probably perpetrated BY protesters. 

We're out.

3:10 WELL. Statement is over. I doubt very much that the crowds of thousands are even remotely pleased by this. No specifics other than paying lip service to a supposed democratic process which has never in 30 years been anything than a farce. It was a defiant and thuggish statement. It was also painfully short and without contrition.

3:09 "On this land I will die." I dunno, Hosni. I think you better split. And soon.

3:07 He  looks forward to "serving and protecting" his people. WTF? Is he a cop? "this is my vow to my people in the remaining months." Here we go... "So I can end my serving time (trans)." "The people will achieve what they are asking for." WHEN?

3:04 "I did not intend to run for another term." Riiiiight. What does that mean? He says he has to "finish my work." None of this is looking good. He "call the Parliament to discuss" blah, blah, blah... he is trying to hold on. Draping the lawlessness of his phony Presidency in legalese. He picked his parliament.

3:02 Mubarak seems to have engaged in some self praise (cabinet shuffle, etc...). BAD sign. Complaining of those who have "rejected dialog." Is he kidding?

3:00pm CST Or maybe not... talking about "looting" and "frightening diplomats." "has imposed upon us" the need "to choose between stability and chaos." Uh oh.

2:55pm CST There is a lot of chatter in the background. Seems pretty chaotic. Praising the peaceful nature of protests.

No comments:

Post a Comment