Please write and send praise, critique, interesting links or random musings to touchthehandthatfeedsyou@yahoo.com

Sunday, November 7, 2010

You Did It!

Nov 7th, 2010
F. Grey Parker
You really did it. Almost 500,000 of you, in fact. From the petitions, to the calls, to the e-mails and the faxes, you turned a major media corporation around 180 degrees. Now if we could just do something like this everyday... Breaking at The Huffington Post only moments ago, under the front page banner headline "Shortest Suspension In The World," was the announcement that Keith Olbermann will return to the air on Tuesday night.

"STATEMENT REGARDING KEITH OLBERMANN - SUNDAY, NOV. 7
From Phil Griffin, President of MSNBC:
After several days of deliberation and discussion, I have determined that suspending Keith through and including Monday night's program is an appropriate punishment for his violation of our policy. We look forward to having him back on the air Tuesday night."

Earlier today, I wrote, "I think Friday's suspension and a Monday apology would suffice. The pissing match that is likely happening behind the scenes leaves me with the impression that I shouldn't hold my breath."

I am not usually this elated to be so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment